Do you want to help protect Pineapple Cove and out-slime the Slime Master? You’re in the right place!
Follow the instructions below for how to create your own homemade slime using the Top-Secret Turtle Mountain Recipe!
- 8-Ounce bottle Elmer’s white school glue
- 1 1/2 – 2 Tablespoons contact saline solution, more as needed
- NOTE: The contact lens solution must have boric acid and sodium borate in the ingredient list to activate the slime. Recommended brands: Renu Fresh or Equate.
- 1 Tablespoon baking soda
- Green food coloring
- A grownup
STEP 1: In a bowl, mix water and glue together.
STEP 2: Add Baking Soda and stir well.
STEP 3: Add food coloring until you are happy with the color.
STEP 4: Add 1 1/2 Tablespoons saline solution and mix until combined. If it’s too sticky, add 1/2 Tablespoon more solution at a time. The more you add, the thicker it’ll be. The less you add, the slimier it’ll be.
STEP 5: Using your hands, knead the slime until it holds together. It will be wet and gooey at first, but just keep kneading until it all comes together. It should pull away from the sides of the bowl.
STEP 6: Pull, poke, twist, stretch, and smoosh your slime to your heart's content. Enjoy!
Tips for making slime:
- Use plastic bowls and spoons for faster cleanup.
- Make sure to get the color the way you want it before adding the saline. It’s harder to mix in when it begins to thicken.
- For thicker slime, add more saline solution. For a slimier texture, add less saline.
- The slime will be stretchiest and stickiest when it is first mixed. As the reaction in the slime slows down, it will get less sticky but potentially stiffer too.
- Be careful to not add too much extra saline solution. Too much saline can lead to very stiff slime.
- If you find it's still too sticky - you can add saline solution, baby oil, or lotion to your hands.
- Slime is best to play with on a place mat, plastic tablecloth or a trash bag.
- This recipe makes about a cup of slime. You can double or triple based on how many kids there are.
- If you have long hair, make sure to put it into a pony tail. If a little slime gets in your hair, simply rub some coconut oil or olive oil on top and comb it out.
- Slime should not be placed in the mouth. Always wash hands before and after playing with the slime.
That's all for now. Enjoy making your very own homemade slime!